Local Scottsdale dog parks give you and your furry friend a change to stretch your legs and play outdoors safely. Of course, you – as a dog parent – are responsible and legally liable for the acts and conduct of your dog at all times while you are in a city park or dog park. The city does not supervise the use of off leash areas and anyone using those areas does so at his or her own risk.
Common dog park rules to be observed include:
- No more than 2 dogs per visitor and an adult must accompany youths under age 16.
- You are responsible for bagging and disposing of your pet’s waste. Containers are provided in most cases.
- Aggressive dogs displaying bad behavior must be removed from the park immediately for their protection and the protection of others.
- Female dogs in heat are not permitted in the exercise area.
- Dogs must have current licenses and vaccines.
- Dogs should be under good voice control.
- If your dog digs a hole, please fill it back in before you leave.
- Do not bring food or alcohol inside the dog park.
- Dog parents should restrain their dogs with a leash of no more than 6 feet in length when outside the exercise area – for the safety of the dog and everyone else.
Please note that dog behavior can be erratic and unpredictable when the dog is in a strange area and encountering strangers – human and animal. Please take care to watch your dogs carefully – we want you both to have fun and come back safely!
with 4 acres of off leash area and 3 acres of grass, this park is well loved by dogs and their parents.
Hours: Sunrise to 10 p.m. (lights are on after dusk)
Weekly maintenance closures are Tuesdays and Fridays from 8:00 a.m. until noon.
5401 N. Hayden Road
(Southeast of Hayden and Jackrabbit)
Scottsdale, AZ 85250
Phone: 480-312-WOOF (9663)
Off leash area is 2/3 of an acre with a 10′ x 20′ shade structure and people and dog drinking fountains. Push-button controls to keep the dust down in dry conditions. This park is not lit at night.
15444 N. 100th Street
(Frank Lloyd Wright and 100th Street)
Scottsdale, AZ 85260
Dogs can play off leash in the open spaces of this Scottsdale park, which includes separate areas for large and small dogs.
Hayden and McDonald
This dog park includes an off leash are that is ½ an acre with trees. Benches and a dog water fountain ensure your comfort, and a double gated entry ensures your pet’s safety.
7700 E. Roosevelt Street
(West of Hayden and Roosevelt)
Scottsdale, AZ 85257