5 Amazing Places To Go Golfing In Scottsdale
Author: Sandra Wilken
One of the biggest advantages to buying Scottsdale luxury homes is the abundance of amazing golf courses the area has to offer. From exclusive clubs and greens to public links, there’s definitely some great golfing in Scottsdale. Below is a highlight of the five most popular golf courses in the area:
1. Troon North. One of the most famous golf courses in Arizona, Troon North allows golfers to make tee time reservations up to 60 days in advance. Cementing its spot on the list of some of the best golfing in Scottsdale, Troon North has been named one of Golf Magazines “Top 100 Courses You Can Play” and one of “America’s Best Public Access Courses” by Golfweek.
2. Biltmore/Phoenician Hotels. Located near some of the most sought after Scottsdale luxury properties, these courses are more about taking in some great scenery than challenging yourself. Still, the resorts are extremely popular and very well known – little wonder, considering how fun and playable the links are!
3. Grey Hawk. One of the most versatile places to go golfing in Scottsdale, Grey Hawk features 5 holes carved in the woods and 13 open holes. Combine that with 10 lakes and a stream that weaves its way through the course, and you’ve got some spectacular golfing.
4. Talking Stick. Located on an Indian reservation, this course has some really good greens. Conveniently located near the Diamondbacks’ new spring training stadium, Talking Stick is quickly becoming one of the most popular courses for casual play.
5. TPC Scottsdale. The TPC has two different courses to choose from: the TPC Champions Course and the Stadium Course (the latter is where the Phoenix Open is played). Both sets of links are considered premier golf courses, even for discerning players, to be sure. Conde Nast Traveler named the TPC Scottsdale in the “Top 50 Golf and Resort Destinations in the World.” If that’s not a testament to the sheer awesomeness of the course, nothing is!
Article Source: http://www.articlesbase.com/moving-and-relocating-articles/5-amazing-places-to-go-golfing-in-scottsdale-2151093.html
About the Author
Founding Scottsdale Luxury Homes in 1995, Sandra Wilken was first recognized for representing major developments in Scottsdale, including The Phoenician and Gainey Ranch, and in recent years has grown to service Arizona’s most prestigious communities in the Scottsdale, Paradise Valley and Biltmore area of Phoenix.